5.05.2008

Cyndi Lauper Loves Me!


And I love her, too! Though I did note that I've only cried during her show (while she sang the stirring "True Colors) and I expressed my gratitude for all her LGBT support (she said she's kind of an extended member of the family – aww!), I managed to do minimal gushing during my interview with her late last week. I had to act sorta professional – as tough as it was not to fall into the I'm-such-a-big-fan-and-I-heart-you mode. After our gab session, her publicist shot me an e-mail. She said: "Cyndi thought you were so sweet and you had fab questions for her!" This definitely more than makes up for the time Jenny McCarthy hung up on me! 

Look for the interview in Between The Lines in June. 

2 comments:

Kelley Ann Hornyak said...

Aw Chris, I'm so proud of you! Ms. Lauper was a lucky woman to be interviewed by you! ☺ Can't wait to read all the details!

Anonymous said...

That Cyndi interview was amazing! Just listening to her answer your questions was a sheer privelage.

...and I was mentioned to her. Yay! [in a round-about way - lol]

She just seems like such a sincere sweetheart and made you feel she was solely focused on you. That's the impression I got; just a nice, down to earth woman with a big heart [and GREAT pipes, to boot!]

I'm so happy you finally got to talk to her! Good for you :) But, you worked for it an more than deserve it!