6.17.2008

At "Prayers For Bobby" Set

Sigourney Weaver's chair! Where she sits!

Sigourney Weaver tries to stay warm on the set of "Prayers for Bobby" 

Hair and make-up at the Farmer's Market in Royal Oak

Never had I been so close to a filming crew, or Sigourney Weaver, until the team of the Lifetime telepic "Prayers for Bobby" shot a pride parade in downtown Royal Oak today. In between the assistant directors calling "Cut!" and telling the almost-1,000 extras to pretend Sigourney was not indeed Sigourney (or someone with an icky alien bursting out of her chest – which he never said, but I thought they might imagine that), I witnessed the A-list actress walking from prop tent to the shooting site with her umbrella assistant, sipping from a Biggby cup and doing a little dance, presumably to heat up her 6-foot figure. Were you an extra? How'd you stay warm in those cut-off shorts!? 

For more on the shoot, check out my story in Between The Lines in the June 26 issue. 

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow...she's one of my favorite actresses, and you were that close to her...nice!! Did you get her to autograph a pride flag? ;-)

Chris said...

Ha. Is she? And, no, no autographs – but, I was super close to her practically all day! It was pretty surreal.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day that must have been! Ha, now I can appreciate what it was like to see the whole crew in action. :)

"This is for film - A mark - B mark - Rolling - Action!"

I'm sure that day had a completely different feel, though. Each scene has to be so diverse to film, depending on surroundings, actors, circumstances, etc... I'd have loved to be in the parade. Hehe.

Lucky duck - you got to be close to Sigourney! I'm so excited to see this movie!! :)