6.01.2008

PRIDE!


Was Motor City Pride's headliner "Into the Groove," a Madonna cover band (pictured above), something you'd, ah, 'cherish'? What'd ya think of Eric Himan (and his hot tattoos)? Or how about The Monkey Man, Ryan Mintz? All in all, the entertainment – save for some karaoke-sounding singers at the Second Stage – was a few steps up from previous years, but that Doggie Drag Show (pictured below) was absolutely fab! 


Look for more Pride photos and coverage – along with my exclusive interview with Cyndi Lauper – in Thursday's Between The Lines

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any pictures of the dance teams? That was my favorite part of the day!! They had one of the biggest crowds of the day, really- I hope you have them back next year!!!

Anonymous said...

From all the hype about "Into the Groove" I was expecting something better. I was expecting a performer on a Vegas level of entertainment. I think she would have done better if she did lip sync. I guess there was no money in the entertainment budget for a real headliner, its a shame that money was spent on groove then the other BETTER performers who receive no compensaton. Also the closing performer never got to do her full set because Groove took so much time away from the better entertainment. I mean who the hell has an intermission during their set at pride?? Come on

Anonymous said...

You put the best entertainer at the END of the show and you dont even give her enough time to sing? You guys did the same thing last year, what's up with that??

Anonymous said...

I liked the doggie drag, that was cute, and I loved the drag performers, they are always fabulous to see, but the Madonna impersonator was really wack, lol, but I REALLY liked last the girl who sang, I bought her CD, she is AMAZING, why didnt you book her in the spot where the Madonna chick was?? she was WAY BETTER

Anonymous said...

Yo yo yo... Chris ain't runnin' the show.

Just wanted to let y'all know.

He just be reportin', don't be a foo.

He know what he be talkin' 'bout, but that's it, yo.

;)